The England Golf Centenary Dinner & Awards 2024, sponsored by FootJoy, will take place on Tuesday 13 February, celebrating 100 years of England Golf as well as recognising all the fantastic achievements across the game in 2023.
The Midland Hotel, Manchester will play host to a memorable evening as 12 different categories will honour individuals, clubs or counties for their incredible commitment to the amateur game over the past 12 months.
Nominations are now open to put all those wonderful individuals, clubs and counties forward who have excelled in growing the game we love.
England Golf Chief Executive Officer Jeremy Tomlinson said: “Our sport has come a long way in the past 100 years, as such we are very much looking forward to celebrating our centenary year by recognising some of the special people who continue to create a brighter future for our game.”
Of the 12 categories this year, 10 of them are open to the public and you must get your entries in before Friday 27 October. Entries are FREE – all you have to do is head to our England Golf Centenary Dinner and Awards website and nominate now.
This year, nominations are being invited for the following categories:
• Club of the Year: Recognises the club which has best engaged with its local community by offering an accessible and inclusive environment which adheres to safeguarding standards.
• Tournament of the Year: Awarded to the venue which has provided an exceptional event experience.
• Sustainability Project of the Year: Celebrating those who have run a successful sustainability project, whether that’s improving habitats, reducing inequalities or investing in green technology.
• Lifetime Service Award: Honours someone who has made a remarkable contribution to golf over many years by supporting their club, county, volunteers or visitors.
• Volunteer of the Year: Recognises a person whose activities and achievements have made an impact on the club and players they support.
• Young Volunteer of the Year: Awarded to a young person under 25 who represents the very best of their generation and has made a positive difference through their approach, character, activities and ideas.
• Participation & Development Coach of the Year: A PGA-accredited coach who is inspiring new and existing players and helping them get more from the game through their passion, skills and initiatives.
• Performance of the Year: Awarded to an amateur player or team that has achieved notable success in 2023.
• Women & Girls Trailblazer: Recognises those who have helped to tackle under-representation by raising awareness and providing opportunities for women and girls to take up the game or continue to enjoy the sport.
• Diversity & Inclusion Champion: Awarded to the individual/s, facilities, or organisation who have helped to tackle under-representation and encourage groups to take up the game or continue to enjoy the sport.
• County of the Year: Awarded to a County who has worked tirelessly to put players and clubs at the heart of its operations in 2023.
• Hall of Fame: Recognising amazing individuals who have made outstanding contributions to golf, this new category will see inductees voted into the England Golf Hall of Fame through a public vote.
To find out more details about each individual award and make a nomination, please visit englandgolfawards.org.
All nominations are public nominations excluding the Performance of the Year and Tournament of the Year. The Hall of Fame will be decided by a panel of experts who select potential inductees while the final inductees will be determined through a public vote.